Wednesday, November 17, 2010

An Introduction

Hi Everyone!

My name is Meg and I contacted Donna about taking over the Cozy Murder Mysteries blog. I am a huge fan of Cozy Murder Mysteries and came across this blog while searching for some new cozies to read.

I plan on keeping the "Why I Write Mysteries" column and "Q & A" with cozy murder mystery writers. I am hoping to get to "meet" some of my favorite authors.

A little about me, I am currently a stay-at-home mom to my two sons. One is 10 years old and the other is 1 1/2 years old. I started reading mysteries in general back in 2002. My first ever mystery was a Mary Higgins Clark one. The more I read, the more I realized how much I loved mysteries. My first Cozy Murder Mystery was by Anne George called "Murder Boogies with Elvis". I have read all her books in the series and fell in love with them.

I think that everyone has their own definition of what a Cozy Murder Mystery is. To me, it takes place in a small town, with a lot of descriptive language so that you feel like you can imagine yourself living there. You get to know the characters and love to read about them developing as the author continues to write book after book about them. I love the thought of getting a good Cozy Murder Mystery book to read, crawling up in a nice soft spot with a cup of coffee and throw and just letting myself be taken away by the story.

My favorite authors are Anne George, Diane Mott Davidson, Leslie Meier and Joanne Fluke.

I would love to hear from the "Cozy" followers about what they would like to read about in this blog and am open to any ideas that may improve it and help us gain even more followers.

I look forward to getting to know you all! -Meg

4 comments:

  1. Great post, Meg, and I'm so happy that you have taken on the blog!

    I love some of the same writers you've mentioned, Diane Mott Davidson, Joanne Fluke, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg-I'm new around here (I think--my memory is shoddy) and found my way here because I write--mostly suspense, but have managed to get a contract for cozy mystery and I would like to start meeting more cozy writers--network, learn some tricks for both the writing and the promoting. My first Cozy is currently with my agent, and is due to my editor December 31 (under a pen name). My favorite FEATURE of the Cozy, is it has the plot intricacies of mystery, but keeps a lot of humor, so it is a bit like play.

    As for traffic here--I've been blogging about 17 months and there is just no substitute for the old reciprocity thing... figure out who you want HERE (reading and giving feedback) and make a regular point of going to THEM where THEY are. It's time consuming, but it is the only way to actually build loyalty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meg,
    Welcome to the cozy mystery blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats-wonderful blog. I'd hate to have to choose between reading and writing cozies - I have all Anne George's novels.
    Good luck; good reading, and happy holidays to all of us :-)
    Jackie Griffey

    ReplyDelete